Friday, May 6, 2011

Hello! My name is...

Hi Everyone!!

For those of you that don’t know me I’m Marianne - the other half of Delumpa Photography. For the last few weeks Jeff has been pestering me to post a blog introducing myself.  So I’m making the mister happy and finally sitting down to write my very first blog post.  

I have to say that I am proud of my hubby in making his vision come to life. Early last year he kept talking about wanting to start his own photography business. By the time May 2010 rolled around I was tired of hearing about this “want,” so being the supportive wifey that I am (haha), I challenged Mr. Deezy by asking, “So what are you going to do about it then?”  Yeah I was tired of hearing about it, but my response was more of a push for him to go ahead and do it.  It takes a lot of courage to take a chance and I’m so glad he did!  2 months later he purchased his first DSLR and fast forward to now, May 6, 2011.  :)

I cannot begin to tell everyone how blessed we feel.  We’ve had the opportunity to work with so many different people. I feel honored each time someone books a session with us, because it means they trust us to capture their special moment.  I love taking photos of people and capturing emotions.  I especially love taking candids and being able to capture the genuineness of a particular moment. 

With that said, yes, I take photos too. So Mr. D isn’t the only one behind the lens, although I’m sure a lot of you thought he was. For the next few blogs I’ll be posting photos of events I’ve taken and also a few of my favorite shots that I’ve taken in past shoots. The photos below are just a few I took during an event at school. Did I not mention I’m in school? Yup I’m in grad school and I just finished my 3rd year of my doctoral program! Ok so back to the photos – the event at school was a 3-day Multicultural Event + Tsunami Relief Fundrasier for Japan, and in 3 days, as a school, we raised (I think) $862!! Good job SF CSPP!!!! Enjoy the photo slideshow!!!

xoxo miyan ;)

2 comments:

  1. YEEEEEEAAAAHHHH! So glad you are posting on here now! The two of you....UNSTOPABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Jeff wants me to make a "presence." LOL He's lucky I like to write/talk. ;)

    ReplyDelete