Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I never thought I'd be a club photographer...

...and I'm not!  A little over a month ago, I ran into Jeanne, a high school friend of mine, during my date day with the wifey in Napa (click here to read that blogpost).  A few days later, she had asked me if I wanted to take photos at a fundraising event she was organizing called "Beats for Japan."

Marianne and I are always down to donate our time and money to charitable organizations and causes.  A very wise mentor/former boss of mine always talked about how community should always be a part of your life - it's all about giving, whether it be your time or money, to others who need it most.  So when Jeanne asked us, I was more than happy to donate our photography coverage to help out her cause!

Beats for Japan was a fundraising event held at Azul in San Francisco which was aimed to help raise money for the relief effort in Japan.  According to Jeanne, that night they raised over $1800, with all proceeds going to Relief International!!!  Wow!!!  The event was definitely a success!!  There was a great turnout, everyone had an awesome time partying, and at the same time, we were able to raise money for a great cause!

The photos I took at the event were available for download by the guests for $3 each.  All the proceeds raised through the purchase of the downloads are going to Relief International.

Here are a few photos from that night!  Enjoy!







There was a raffle for awesome prizes: an inspiration book package from Franco Gulia Delosreyes, clothing from the Continous Line, a shooting package from Jackson Arms, and even a private surfing lesson!  



Great job, Jeanne!! I'm proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment