Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...

“Mama – Mama you know I love you ….” Being that it’s mommy’s day, I can’t seem to get that song out of my head and I think I’m driving Mr. D crazy singing it around the house. (haha)  Anyways, this post is dedicated to our moms and all the moms out there, because “Mama – Mama you know I love you – Mama – Mama you’re the queen of my heart …”   Ok, ok onto the post --


Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! Honestly, moms should be celebrated every day, but today is dedicated especially to them. The role of a mother is so important. I believe that not only are they the ones to physically bring us into this world, but they help shape us into the person we are today. I cannot say enough how much I appreciate my mom. Yes, we have our moments and we disagree, but really, I think it’s because we are so close and in many ways we think exactly alike. I know can always turn to her when I need any kind of support. Even in my 30’s I still call my mom when I need something. Love you mom! I’m a lucky girl to have you as my mom and one day, I hope I can be just as great of a mom as you.

I’ve also been blessed with another mom brought into my life – my mother-in-law. I call her “Mom” as well, because she is and she treats me as if I were her own. Just like my own mom, Jeff and I can always count on her when we need anything. And yes mom, we’re working on getting you some grandkids. (haha)

I also want to say Happy Mother’s Day to the moms in our family (grandmas, aunts, cousins, etc) and finally, I want to say Happy Mother’s Day to my friends that are moms (Jazz, Marta, Zon, Wyme, Mary, etc.). Wow! When I have kids I know I’m going to have the best support network out there. You all are some diva moms and I am blessed to have you all as my friends.  Cheers to that and I love you all!!!

Finally, you know I have to throw in a few photos to make this post complete. It would only make sense to post photos with our mom’s. Just for fun we threw in 2 throwbacks from when we were kids.

xoxo, Miyan ;)


Jeffrey and his mom --



Me and my mama! I get it from my mama! I get it from my mama!! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment